Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Rocketbladez put to the test

Today I received my new Rocketbladez demo irons, so I thought I would put them to the test.  The demo irons were stiff steel shafts with standard length and lie.  I tested them against my current irons which are the TaylorMade MC irons with S300 stiff steel shafts that are 1.5" longer than standard.  (The demo irons are shorter in length than my current irons).  My guess before going out was that the Rocketbladez would go about the same distance as my current irons because my current irons are fit for me and are much longer in length.  Boy was I wrong!! Here are the results:

                                             Distance        Club Speed       Ball Speed
MC PW                                    127                 76                      93
Rocketbladez PW                    128                 78                       94

MC 7iron                                 157                 80                       110
Rocketbladez 7iron                  164                82                       115

MC 4 iron                                181                 88                       121
Rocketbladez 4 iron                193                 88                       127

***The test was done with some pretty old TaylorMade range balls on a 57 degree day***
***10 balls were hit with each club***

The Rocketbladez definitely go further than anything I have hit.  The most impressive thing was the increase in ball speed.  The Rocketbladez 4 iron went 12 yards further on average because of a 6 mph advantage in ball speed.

1 comment:

  1. The Rocketbladez are 2-3.5 degrees stronger.

    ReplyDelete