Thursday, July 11, 2013

Anchor Ban

The anchoring stops in 2016.  The USGA and the R & A have decided to ban anchoring a golf club against your body to swing it.  4 of the last 6 majors in mens golf have been won by someone who anchors the putter.  I thought the Masters this year was great to watch.  It was one of the most exciting tournaments that I have watched in a long time.  Was it more exciting because Adam Scott won?  He anchors his putter by the way..I don't know.  The only thing I can tell you is that golf needs all the spark it can get by both the players and the fans.  I think this rule will take a little sizzle out of it.  I guess the rule needs to be implemented.  I think you should "swing" the club.  There will probably be lots to talk about as we get closer to the rule being put into effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment